Wednesday 12 October 2016

Clutch and Engine Mounts

I got the rubber part of the mounts today and so today was the day it was going in. It has to as the crane will be gone tomorrow. I was surprised to read the torque settings for the clutch but I double checked and then used my clutch alignment tool and got it fitted. Also refitted the Retroford plate to. Check the fitment of the release bearing and the spigot and all good.




The mounts were tricky as I had expected them to be, I got the engine fixed to the type 9 (a joyous job! NOT as always) Then fitted the mounts to the engine and using the crane held the mounts at 35mm above the plate for the rubbers and then painted the marks on the plates through the bolt holes. Next bit was to get the car as high as possible and taking the measurements from the marks on the plates I drill up from underneath.


Above is the passenger side, below is the drivers side..
Just need to tidy up some of the paint around them






In and looking good so far!



Inlet plenum now trial fitted with the Focus throttle body and, MAF and Cone Pipercross. Fits very snugly!

Looks very different from how I got it with a tiny 1.3 Xflow....





No comments:

Post a Comment