Monday 12 September 2016

Zetec removal

So I got some spare time this weekend and cracked on with the extraction of the engine from the Mondeo. As the car is being scrapped I took a 9inch grinder to remove the front of the car to enable me to pull the engine and box out in one go. Also had to cut the driveshafts too. Top tip for anyone doing it this way, while the car still drives get it up on ramps and remove the engine mount that's located under the car.....


                               I will be using the loom so I labelled it up where possible

So thats it out now and ready to have the unnecessary bits stripped and then give it a good clean up. Hopefully I'll be able to measure up and get the plates welded in for the new engine mount locations.




2 comments:

  1. All of that and a 112 mile walk over the South Downs for good measure.
    Can't wait to see how the engine looks after you've given it the Hammy treatment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its going to look very cool mate

    ReplyDelete